2013 Conference Proposals
We invite you and your colleagues to submit proposals for the
2013 Fostering Strategies for Change Conference.
This conference engages diverse perspectives in dialogue that suggests ways to enhance collaboration between service systems and families of every sort. This year's event will involve taking the presentations a step further by engaging our audience (families, staff & administrators) in thought provoking round-table discussions which will utilize collective intelligence and stimulate creativity to foster strategies for change. The round table discussions will connect ideas and themes from workshops and will potentially generate recommendations for meaningful changes at every level, from funding to supervision, from policy to front-line service, from research to life... that will positively impact families.
Past speakers have presented on topics such as these:
· How to support youth transitioning from foster care
· Community-based approaches that reduce service disparities
· Community-based participatory research
· Early childhood mental health initiatives
· Family-to-family support
· Youth transition to young adult services & tasks
· Implementation of evidence-based intervention models in school & community settings
· Innovative approaches to research to program evaluation & research on family & youth roles in mental health & child welfare services
· Topical discussion on evaluation research practice within & across service systems
· Research regarding family & youth roles in mental health & child welfare
· Adoption-related topics including adoption & adoption therapy, advocacy & public policy, kinship placements & birth family connections, parenting adopted children, post adoption services, race, culture & diversity in adoption.